Sight Words-Dolch Primer

Throughout the year we work on sight words and I have found the best system that works for me .  This packet was created just for that purpose.  I evaluate my students at the beginning of the year and decide which level they are at.  We of course begin with the Pre-Primer word list and then move onto Primer if my kinders are ready for it.  Of course each child is at a different place or pace.  This packet allows me to differentiate to my little learners.

                            *** Free sample-stay tuned****

Before school begins in the summer, I would print out on cardstock these sets of letters and laminate.  Quick simple and ready to go with a metal ring.  These are used to evaluate my kiddos. 




Next, I use this sheet to mark off what words they know.  If you have an eager parent volunteer or a teacher assistant then this is a great task to give them to help you out. 



After everything is complete, I decide if I can group my students together based on their performances and then assign them their packets.  Parents get a letter sent home telling them what is expected by the end of two weeks (great topic to discuss at open house).  Then we get out packets and the children are assessed on the words.


Since teacher appreciation week is coming so soon.  I thought I would share the first portion of the packet.  Try it out .  If you like it then head on over and pick up my Pre-Primer set and the Primer Set.  First grade, Second Grade ,etc.  coming soon.  Just a little appreciation for my followers and great teachers out there. 

      Click on here for your freebie. 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ju6q2jethkkye1d/Blog%20freebie%20-Sight%20word%20daily%20homework%20primer.pdf?dl=0
 
 
Click on this picture to head on over to my store and pick up the whole pack. 
 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Dolch-Primer-Sight-Word-Weekly-Homework-1839800
 
 
I would love to hear some feedback . 
 

 

No comments

Design by Delightfully Creative. Powered by Blogger.