Homophones Interactive Notebook Freebie

Wow!!!!  It has  been a long time since I have blogged.  Where does the time go?  I wanted to talk about homophones and how we are using this handy little freebie in our classroom.  We started off with a little jingle to remember what a homophone was.  It goes like this (I just added a little jingle to it but you could add any little tune)

                  "Homophones:  Sound the same but spelled differently!   Sound the same but spelled differently! 


  It stuck with my little learners as soon as we began the chant to begin our lesson.  I wanted to create something interactive with my learners that we could add to our notebooks to review and refer back to.  Since we are heavily into soccer season at my house I decided to use that when I began to create.


Here is what we did!  Stay tuned freebie below.  :) 

  We cut out our title/definition and began cutting out the soccer balls to color. 
Next , we placed them in our notebook matching up the homophones.  After we matched up our homophones then we made it interactive by writing the short definitions of the words underneath so my students could look back as a reference. 

If you like what you see and want your own copy you can get it here:


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Kicking-up-Homophones-Interactive-Notebook-Free-3447455
 



 

No comments

Design by Delightfully Creative. Powered by Blogger.