My favorite books!

I am linking up with a great linky party over at The Teacher Wife for the must have picture books teachers enjoy using in their classrooms.  It is no secret to anyone who knows me well how excited I get when it is book fair time or when the newest book club flyer from Scholastic comes out.  So I thought this would be a perfect time to share with you some of my favorite picture books.  Share with me some of your favorites I am always looking to expand my picture book collection.  : ) 
The Teacher Wife

Here are my top 5! 

1.  You think it is easy being the Tooth Fairy by Sheri Bell- Rehwoldt.  The younger children I taught loved this because losing teeth is a big deal.   I love the tooth fairies realistic attitude about how difficult her job is and how she struggles to get those teeth. 

2.  Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister.  Learning to share is a big deal with my age group and this is a wonderful and colorfully illustrated book that shows how important it is to share with others.  This book has so many activities you can create and use from it and if you look at my previous blog post you can see how I used it as a classroom management tool. 
3.  Cloudette by Tom Lichtenheld .   This is my new favorite picture book.  It talks about a little cloud who is desperately trying to do things that the other big clouds can do but he realizes that it is o.k. to be small and he can do important things too! 
4.  The Crayon Box that Talked by Shane DeRolf
For younger kids this is a good lesson on working together in the classroom. 

5.  And finally...a hilarious story that my kids love to hear. 
Giggle Giggle Quack by Doreen Cronin .  I love this book and so do my kiddos.  They love to see and hear what Duck will do to poor farmer Brown.  It is always a good read for a good laugh. 



Happy Reading,
  Julie

No comments

Design by Delightfully Creative. Powered by Blogger.