Thanksgiving Bulletin Board Idea!

I thought I would share with you a cute idea to make that turkey on your bulletin board come to life with old ties!  Who knew that this would be such a cute idea using old ties to brighten up a turkeys feathers?  I saw this at our church and had to take a picture.  It was adorable and got me thinking how I could use this in my own hallway.  I thought this would make an adorable centerpiece to a bulletin board and have the kids surround our fine "tied" turkey with things they are thankful for.   I thought I could either ask for donations from the kids to bring in old ties from their house because we all know there is a tie or two that their dads could part with...lol.  :)  Or if you chose not to do that you could always visit your local thrift store and pick up some there for a bargain.  I am including a handout that I plan on having my kids do with this bulletin board or even place on your classroom door. 
  I would have them add their name and color the turkey's body.  On the feathers they could write some things they are thankful for.  For my kinders, I would have them write one thing on the turkey's body and for older students they could add things to the feathers.   I would love to hear from you. 
  Enjoy!  :)

1 comment

  1. That is such a cute idea! I'm going to have to remember it for next year. I always make 1 giant turkey with my class and this would be so much fun to make.

    ~Diving Into Learning

    ReplyDelete

Design by Delightfully Creative. Powered by Blogger.