Roll It, Write It, Draw It

 PDF free math and alphabet handout The Teaching BugI was looking for something instructional and quiet for my kinders to do during center time.  Well I found it and on a trip to my favorite teacher store. I don't know about you but I could spend HOURS in there. :) Maybe it is the smell of new books or the excitement of finding a new way to teach something!!!  Anyway, in a bin by the register they had foam blocks and the idea popped into my head. These could be used as large dice for the kiddos for a center. I purchased enough to put the whole alphabet on. Another set I purchased I put the numbers 1-20 on them. For the handout for my center I have the students roll the dice 8 times and then they are to write the corresponding number or letter depending on which set you have out for the day under the column write it. Then the students are instructed to draw for a letter a picture that begins with that sound and for the number they are to draw that many number of items (stars, circles, squares, dots, etc.) to show the amount they rolled. Later in the year I take the number blocks and have them add the two numbers together or subtract them. I posted a freebie for you today of the handout I use in my centers. I hope you will find it useful!









Happy Teaching,
Julie

No comments

Design by Delightfully Creative. Powered by Blogger.