Our Sandy Hook Snowflakes

I had a wonderful Christmas!  How about you????  I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday and I am looking forward to the new year.  I was also surprised to see how many followers I have gotten while I was away on vacation.  I am excited and plan on doing something fun when I reach 100 followers.  I wanted to share with you from my last post the snowflakes we made for Sandy Hook.  We ended up sending 24 snowflakes and then had another class jump in with snowflakes of their own to send as a package to the school.  The children had so much fun making these snowflakes.  Here is what we did. 

I hot glued some regular popsicle sticks at home prior to the activity.  It was quick and easy to do. 


Next I added some yarn to the back so they could be hung and displayed. 

Then the children were given some sparkling gems easily found at a craft store of various colors.  The kids glued them down using regular glue.


And once they were done they turned out really sparkly.  The kids had a blast making them .  These little snowflakes would make a great decoration for your classroom in January too! 














Also I would like to welcome my newest  followers and let you know I am having a 20% off sale at my Teachers Pay Teacher store starting 12/30-12/31.

2 comments

Design by Delightfully Creative. Powered by Blogger.