I had a wonderful Christmas! How about you???? I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday and I am looking forward to the new year. I was also surprised to see how many followers I have gotten while I was away on vacation. I am excited and plan on doing something fun when I reach 100 followers. I wanted to share with you from my last post the snowflakes we made for Sandy Hook. We ended up sending 24 snowflakes and then had another class jump in with snowflakes of their own to send as a package to the school. The children had so much fun making these snowflakes. Here is what we did.
I hot glued some regular popsicle sticks at home prior to the activity. It was quick and easy to do.
Next I added some yarn to the back so they could be hung and displayed.
Then the children were given some sparkling gems easily found at a craft store of various colors. The kids glued them down using regular glue.
And once they were done they turned out really sparkly. The kids had a blast making them . These little snowflakes would make a great decoration for your classroom in January too!
Also I would like to welcome my newest followers and let you know I am having a 20% off sale at my Teachers Pay Teacher store starting 12/30-12/31.
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
SNOWFLAKES FOR SANDY HOOK!
I think this is a wonderful idea to make their welcome back to school as positive as possible. Go check the website out.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
As I was blog hopping through all of those great blogs out there I ran across Miss Kindergarten and Teeny Tiny Teachers linky party and thought I would link up. I love the idea of this linky to reflect on the year! Go check out these ladies blogs! They are great!
So here is my 12 in 12!
So here is my 12 in 12!
12. Favorite movie you watched: O.k. I am a huge romantic comedy person and any chance I get to go see a movie with the hubby I jump at the chance. One of the ones we both enjoyed this year after I dragged him to it...ha ha was the Five Year Engagement. We both had a good laugh.
11. Favorite TV series: I don't watch a whole lot of t.v. or follow a particular TV series. I love watching HGTV and Food Network while I am cooking. On nights I cook I watch Paula Deen. I just love her!
10. Favorite restaurant: O.k. this one is hard because I ate at two restaurants this year that I absolutely love. The first one is California Dreaming and I also got to eat at Paula Deen's restaurant this year! It was a treat to travel to those restaurants and eat there. :)
9. Favorite new thing you tried: If I knew by the end of this year I would have created a blog and a store at Teachers Pay Teachers I would have said you are crazy but I sure did this year! And let me tell you I am hooked. Each time I get a new follower on my blog or store I am THRILLED!
8. Favorite gift you got: A laminator for home. I can not tell you how much I love my laminator and how useful it is!