Next week is Teacher Appreciation week at our school! I don't know about you but I always get asked what would you as a teacher like to receive. Well I thought I would add a list of suggestions or gifts I have received that I love to give to my kiddos teachers and receive myself !
1. Gift cards- Starbucks, Grocery Store, Teacher store (any of those and not huge amounts! )
2. Supplies for the classroom- this time of year we run out of pencils, markers, highlighters, you name it!
3. Movie gift basket- I love giving these out! A simple 5 dollar gift card, candy, soda, and a popcorn bucket is a cute container to hold all of the goodies.
4. Books for the classroom- Share your favorite book with you teacher. We are always looking for great stories that might have a theme that go along with a skill we are teaching.
5. Letters- Letters from my students and yes I still have letters from my students the first year I taught. One family sent a glowing letter about me to the principal and shared the letter with me and I thought it was SOOOO sweet. Everyone , even teachers, love to hear they are doing a good job.
6. Flowers- Something free and simple to give your teacher. Having flowers on my desk is just a nice reminder of how much I am loved by my students.